Meeting Location: Newfane Town Hall
Meeting Date: February 10, 2014
Attendees: Ed Druke, George Friend, Tristam Johnson, Merle Tessier, Pat Weisbrich
DRB Attendees: None
Zoning Admin.: Merle Tessier
Public attendees: None
Discussion Items and Actions
- Meeting called to order: 7:03 p.m. Attendees as noted above.
- Review and Approve Minutes:
- Minutes from meeting held on 1/17/2014 were reviewed for accuracy. A motion was made to approve the minutes as submitted. Motion approved.
- Review Agenda: Motion was made to approve the Agenda. Motion approved.
- Old Business
- Preparation for mailing of Newfane Town By-Laws.
¨ The complete definition for conditional use was omitted prior to printing of the final version of the By-Laws. The full definition was manually pasted into the definitions section of each copy of the By-Laws.
¨ Tristam proposed the creation of a cover letter that clearly defined the
- Statement of purpose
- Geographic areas affected
- Table of contents
- Description of where the full text could be examined
¨ Pat obtained check to pay for postage for mailing and committed to mailing the By-Laws packet to contiguous towns when the cover letter was printed.
¨ George proposed a motion to prepare a six page summary cover letter for mailing to the contiguous towns and regulatory agencies, the same letter for posting, and a newspaper publication of date, time, place and purpose of the meeting. Motion Approved
- New Business
- Status of the NewfaneTown Plan (TP)
¨ The Town Plans has been adopted and certified and will need approval from the Windham Regional Commission (WRC) in order for the put Newfane in a position to access state grant money.
¨ At this point, WRC has indicated it would reject the Town Plan and provided a lengthy list of things that needed correction, editing and updating. This leaves the Planning Commission with the decision to either:
- withdraw the current TP and work on a revised version
- Continue with the process, expecting rejection from the WRC, and continue working through revision of the TP under the guidance of the WRC.
¨ Subsequent to a lengthy discussion regarding how to proceed, it was decided we, as the Planning Commission, did not fully understand the ramifications of following either of the above decision paths. A motion was proposed invite the WRC and the Selectboard to a joint meeting to discuss this with the expressed goal of determining how to proceed. Motion Approved.
¨ Tristam volunteered to contact both the Selectboard and the WRC to schedule this meeting.
- Next meeting: Monday, February 24, 2014, 7:00pm, NewfaneTown Hall.
- Adjournment: A motion was made to adjourn the meeting at 8:58 p.m.