Newfane Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
Meeting Location: Newfane Town Hall
Meeting Date: February 24, 2014
Attendees: Ed Druke, George Friend, Tristam Johnson, Pat Weisbrich
Absent: Merle Tessier
DRB Attendees: None
Zoning Admin.: None
Public attendees: None
Discussion Items and Actions
- Meeting called to order: 7:03 p.m. Attendees as noted above.
- Review and Approve Minutes:
- Minutes from meeting held on 2/10/2014 were reviewed for accuracy. A motion was made to approve the minutes as submitted. Motion approved.
- Review Agenda: Motion was made to approve the Agenda. Motion approved.
- Old Business
- Review mailing of Newfane Town By-Laws and acknowledgements
¨ Tristam created a cover letter that clearly defined the
- Statement of purpose
- Geographic areas affected
- Table of contents
- Description of where the full text could be examined
¨ A six page summary cover letter for mailing to the contiguous towns and regulatory agencies was prepared by Trisam. The same letter will be used for posting, and a newspaper publication of date, time, place and purpose of the meeting.
- New Business
- Comments from Newfane Planning Commission Chair
¨ Relating back to a discussion at the previous meeting, Tristam requested that all Commission members come to meetings fully prepared to participate in and contribute to the meeting. He asked that issues, concerns and complaints be handled in a positive and productive way by not only diagnosing the issue but suggesting a solution.
- Discussion of Joint meeting with Selectboard, Planning Commission and the Windham Regional Commission (WRC)
¨ Based on feedback from Windham Regional Commission, there is a lengthy list of errors and omission in the adopted Newfane Town Plan. One of two courses of action could be undertaken based on the recommendation of the Planning Commission:
- Proceed with the approval process at WRC
- Withdraw the application of the Newfane Town Plan from the approval process
¨ It was determined by the Planning Commission that the ramifications of either course of action were not fully understood.
¨ A motion was made to request a joint meeting with the Newfane Selectboard, the WRC and the Planning Commission. Motion approved
¨ Tristam volunteered to work on setting the meeting up on Monday, March 10, 2014.
- Next meeting: Monday, March 10, 2014, 7:00pm, NewfaneTown Hall.
- Adjournment: A motion was made to adjourn the meeting at 7:43 p.m. Motion approved
Patricia H. Weisbrich