Newfane Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
Meeting Location: Newfane Town Hall
Meeting Date: January 13, 2014
Attendees: Ed Druke, Tristam Johnson, Merle Tessier, Pat Weisbrich
Absent: George Friend
DRB Attendees: None
Zoning Admin.: Merle Tessier
Public attendees: None
Discussion Items and Actions
- Meeting called to order: 7:02 p.m. Attendees as noted above.
- Review and Approve Minutes:
- Minutes from meeting held on 12/9/2013 were reviewed for accuracy. A motion was made to approve the minutes as submitted. Motion approved.
- Review Agenda: Motion was made to approve the Agenda. Motion approved.
- Old Business
- Zoning By-Laws draft has been completed. Remainder of meeting was dedicated to a final review of the draft.
¨ Formatting and other errors were corrected.
¨ Information for Section 584 on Photovoltaics was missing. It was noted that Photovoltaics is a sub-category of Solar Energy and should not be a category in and of itself. Ed volunteered to gather information for Section 584 from Windham Regional Commission and the State as a model. He will report back at the next meeting.
- A review of Article 7 on Definitions
¨ Several definitions were missing including conditional use, dams, and damming streams. Merle will pull together these definitions for the next meeting.
- New Business
- i. Since the Zoning By-Laws are still a work in progress, the discussion regarding the assignment of tasks to move forward the approval process for the revised Zoning By-Laws was tabled until the By-Laws are finalized.
- Next meeting: Monday, January 27, 2014 at 7:00pm, NewfaneTown Hall.
- Adjournment: A motion was made to adjourn the meeting at 7:59 p.m. Motion approved
Patricia H. Weisbrich