Newfane Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
Meeting Location: NewfaneTown Hall
Meeting Date: July 8, 2013
Meeting Time: 7:00pm
Meeting Convened: 7:04pm
Attendees: Ed Druke, Merle Tessier, Pat Weisbrich
Zoning Admin. M. Tessier
Public attendees: None
Discussion Items and Actions
- Review Minutes: None to review
- Review Agenda: Agenda accepted and carried unanimously
- Old Business
- By-Laws draft review: As a result of HR 520 requiring new construction/additions to be in compliance with state energy policy, a motion was made to table the review of the By-Laws draft until the ramifications of HR 520 are fully understood. Motion Approved
- Town Plan: In an email conversation between Jon Mack and Jim Barlow, Senior Staff Attorney for the VLCT Municipal Assistance Center, it was recommended that a draft copy of the Newfane Town Plan be sent to the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) , return receipt requested, to fulfill the requirements of 24 V.S.A. 4384(e). It was agreed that Merle would take care of this requirement.
- New Business
- Rock River Usage/Newfane Liability: Access to the Rock River for recreation is accomplished by a Town right-of-way through privately owned property. It was suggested that any safety/liability issues should be addressed by the Select Board.
- Re-approval/adoption process for Town Plan:Draft copy of the Newfane Town Plan to be sent by Merle to the Department of Housing and Community Development , return receipt requested, to fulfill the requirements of 24 V.S.A. 4384(e).
- Zoning Administrator Business: None
- Select Board Business: None
- Other Business: None
- Next meeting: June 24 at 7:00pm
- Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 7:47 p.m.
Patricia H. Weisbrich