Newfane Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
Meeting Location: Newfane Town Hall
Meeting Date: November 25, 2013
Attendees: Ed Druke, George Friend, Tristam Johnson, Pat Weisbrich
DRB Attendees: None
Zoning Admin.: Absent
Public attendees: None
Discussion Items and Actions
- Meeting called to order: 7:05 p.m. Attendees as noted above
- Review and Approve Minutes:
- Minutes from the meeting held on 9/23 are missing.
- Minutes from meetings held on 10/14 and 10/28 were reviewed for accuracy. A motion was made to approve the minutes as submitted. Motion approved.
- Review Agenda: Motion was made to approve the Agenda. Motion approved.
- Old Business
- Zoning By-Laws draft review has been completed. Tristam will make the final changes and submit the Final Newfane Zoning By-Laws at the next meeting on December 9.
- Minutes of previous meetings from April 2011 to the present will be printed off, presented and filed by George Friend.
- New Business
- Discuss and clarify the processes for approval of the new Zoning By-Laws provided by the Windham Regional Commission and the Vermont League of Cities and Towns:
- Ed suggested the creation of a summary action plan to delineate the process. Information regarding appropriate action items and time frames were found on pages 10-12 and 16-17 in the Plan and By-Laws Adoption Tools document. The following partial schedules was agreed upon:
- i. Final Zoning By-Laws document will be presented at the December 9 Planning Commission Meeting
- ii. Planning Commission members will have the next two weeks to review the document and suggest any final additions or deletions as necessary. A vote for the final approval of the Town of Newfane Zoning By-Laws will take place at the subsequent meeting on December 23, 2013.
- iii. At the December 23 meeting, the Planning Commission will choose a date for the public hearing. At that time the list of steps that need to be taken prior to the hearing will be divided amongst the Planning Commission members.
- iv. Tristam will provide a one page summary to address the rational behind all changes made to the current Zoning By-Laws and how said changes conform to goal of affordable housing, land uses and densities and any specific proposals regarding planned community facilities.
- A letter from Mr. John Bennett, Senior Planner, Windham Regional Commission to Mr. Todd Lawley, Vice-Chair, Newfane Select Board was presented and reviewed. A discussion of the letter ensued, but no action item was proposed. The letter will be included in the file.
- Other Business
- Review of Mail: Tristam will review the mail that has filled the Planning Commission mailbox. He will summarize action items and present at the next meeting.
- Project review sheet
- Next meeting: December 9 at 7:00pm
- Adjournment: A motion was made to adjourn the meeting at 8:03 p.m. Motion approved