BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Marion Dowling, Shelly Huber, Angela Sanborn and Michael Fitzpatrick Christopher Williams.
OTHERS PRESENT: Christine Howe, Kate Albergh, Joan Weir, Hal Moore, Gloria Cristelli, Joanne Enhouse, Steven Geller, Shari, BCTV, Wannetta Powling
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 6:06 p.m. by Chair Marion Dowling.
ADDITIONS/ AMENDMENTS TO AGENDA:
Mr. Williams made a request to add Obstruction of Town Right of Way in the Road Foreman’s Report Ms. Sanborn, seconded. Motion passed.
November 2nd, 2020 Regular meeting, Mr. Fitzpatrick made a motion to accept the minutes. Ms. Huber seconded. 5/0 Motion passed.
November 9th, 2020 Budget meeting, Mr. Williams made a motion to accept the minutes. Ms. Sanborn seconded.
4/1 Motion passed with Mr. Fitzpatrick abstaining.
ROAD FOREMAN’S AND ROAD COMMISSIONER’S REPORT:
- Sawmill Road is ready at the entrance. We are awaiting DMI to come and pave.
- The Depot Rd Culvert update: We have one easement still waiting on the bank and court for the other side of the road.
- Windham Regional put out the speed counters last week for the Highway Safety Audit for Newfane Village. Once they send the data it will be forwarded to the Audit people to include in the report.
- The Sand/Salt shed update: No updates.
- We have now graveled Adams Hill, Toby Hill and Upper New Rd
Mr. Williams would like the Board to be aware that the Town Right of Way on the end of Hobby Hill Road and Silver Mine Trail has a cable placed across the road.
Discussion ensued. The Board asked the Administrative Assistant to send a letter to the owners requesting that they remove the cable by December 1st, 2020.
Ms. Sanborn made a motion to accept the Road Foreman’s report, Mr. Fitzpatrick seconded.
Motion passed 4/0.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT’S REPORT:
SCHEDULED MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC:
Social Services funds request qualifications for town appropriation considerations.
- Christine Howe – The MOOver (formally The Current)
- Kate Albergh –Green Up Vermont
- Joan Weir – Williamsville School Preservation
- Kelly Brown / Hal Moore – Health Care and Rehabilitation Services of Southeastern VT (HCRS)
- Joanne Enhouse – Senior Solutions
- Linda Brooks / Steven Geller – Southeastern Vermont Community Action
- Vickie Sterling /Shari – Women’s Freedom Center
UNSCHEDULED MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC:
Penner Road – Tabled until December 7th. Road Foreman Jay Wilson was not able to attend tonight’s meeting; He was to provide valuable input and video of location.
Katharine Bristol of Townshend was selected by the Selectboard to fill the Part time Data Entry position. They interviewed three applicants and were impressed with each of them.
With COVID 19 cases on the rebound it has the Selectboard pondering what will Town Meeting be like this March? Other towns are considering the Australian ballot, to avoid the gathering for Town Meeting. Newfane Board members will discuss this again at a future meeting.
- Accounts Payable No. # 21010 Amount $ 238,931.85
- Payroll Warrant # 11481 Amount $ 6,436.76
- Payroll Warrant # 11482 Amount $ 4,118.53
- Payroll Warrant # 11483 Amount $ 4,610.83
Ms. Sanborn made a motion to approve pay orders. Mr. Fitzpatrick seconded.
Motion passed 5/1
ADJOURN: Motion to adjourn was made by Mr. Fitzpatrick @ 7:34 pm.
Respectfully Administrative Assistant