August 23, 2016
Time: 6:00 PM
Place: Newfane Town Office, 555 Vermont RT. 30, Newfane, VT
- Call to order by Lynn Forrest at 6:00 PM
- Present: Mike Young, Lynn Forrest, Bob McCandless
III. Old Business
- Lynn called an adjustment to the agenda announced that Tim Cawrse having resigned from the Planning Commission (PC) due to other commitments. Members of the PC understand his responsibilities elsewhere and want to thank him for all the work he did as Secretary for the Planning Commission. He was a valuable asset and hard worker. PC members will pursue new candidates to fill vacancies.
- Lynn called an adjustment to the agenda and presented a draft progress report for the Municipal Planning Grant that is due by August 31st. She will submit it through Vermont’s online Grant Management System.
- Lynn reported that she spoke with John Bennet from Windham Regional Commission (WRC) who recommended the PC apply for a Municipal Planning Grant to add flood resiliency to the Town an and correct minor errors in the existing Town Plan.
- Motion made: Lynn made a motion to have the September 13th meeting date changed to September 8th. Seconded: Mike. Vote passed, 3,0,0,
- Motion made: Lynn made a motion to have the previous meeting minutes read and approved. Seconded: Vote passed, 3,0,0.
- New Business:
- The Planning Commission was not able to get on the Select Board (SB) agenda for August 15th as it was already posted. Lynn will talk to Shannon to see if the SB has questions about the wording we presented to amend the Town Plan.
- Lynn will contact John Bennet to ask for Village Center Designation benefit explanations to aid us when addressing questions from the general public.
- Motion made: Mike motioned to adjourn at 7:0 PM. Seconded by Lynn. 3,0,0,
Posting Locations for Minutes:
Town of Newfane Office
Town of Newfane web site: http://newfanevt.com/meetings/planning-commission- minutes/
Copies of Agenda and Minutes are available in the Planning Commission binder in the Newfane Town Office