Date: June 14, 2016
Time: 6:00 PM
Place: Newfane Town Offices
Present: Lynn Forrest, Tim Cawrse, Bob McCandless, Michael Young
Absent: Dr. Tim Shaffer
- Call to order: By Lynn at 6:10 PM
- Review and approve minutes of last meeting:
- Tim Cawrse informed the Planning Commission that he is stepping down as Secretary of the Commission and not be attending PC meetings due to personal commitments. Lynn thanked Tim for his service as Secretary.
- Bob McCandless volunteered to act as Secretary for the interim.
- Minutes for June 14 meeting were reviewed and approved.
- Old Business:
- Reviewed WRC contract agreement between WRC and Town of Newfane to support work on amending the Newfane Town Plan to include support for Village Center Designation (VCD).
- Worked on wording of the Amendment to the Town Plan to include support for VCD. Bob brought maps from the work NACV did in 2014 for VCD
- Discussed presenting the amendment to Newfane residents and the Trustees of Newfane Village.
- New Business:
- Agreed to hold a Special Meeting to meet with John Bennet from the Windham Regional Commission regarding wording for the amendment to the Town Plan as well as the Planning Commission procedure for affecting the Municipal Planning Grant to do the work.
- Lynn will ask Shannon to put the Planning Commission on the Select Board agenda for approving the contract with WRC for the first meeting of July.
- The Planning Commission will prepare copies of the 2014 drafted maps that show proposed VCD areas; the maps were created by Newfane Anew with Windham Regional Commission for VCD in response to Hurricane Irene.
- Discussed agenda for next meetings:
- Meet with John Bennet regarding wording for the amendment to the Town Plan for VCD as well as Planning Commission procedure for affecting Grant to do the work.
- Vote on contract with Windham Regional Commission.
- Continue work on the amendment to the Town Plan
- Schedule presentations of amendment to Newfane residents and the Newfane Village Trustees.
- Adjournment at 7:45 PM
Town of Newfane web site:
Planning Commission minutes are available on request at the Newfane Town Hall