Time: 6:00 PM
Place: Newfane Town Office, 555 Vermont RT. 30, Newfane, VT
I. Call to order by Lynn Forrest at 6:05 PM
Present: Mike Young, Lynn Forrest, Bob McCandless, Angela Sanborn
II. Mike Young motioned to approve the minutes of October 11, 2016. Angela Sanborn seconded.
Motion passed unanimously.
III. Old Business
1. Discussed the October 21st ‘Walk the Villages’ and reviewed comments people wrote on discussion sheets. No recommendations were made pertaining to the amendment to the Town Plan.
2. Angela Sanborn moved to approve the draft of the amendment to the Town Plan supporting Village Center Designations. Mike Young seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
3. Angela Sanborn motioned to send out Draft Amendment and Report (summary of the draft amendment) to statutory parties by November 8th. Mike Young seconded. Motion passed unanimously. Proposed Hearing date is December 13, 2016. Lynn will compose the report and send to PC members for review before the November 8th meeting.
Surrounding parties include Planning Commissions in Townshend, Dover, Marlboro, Dummerston, Brookline and Wardsboro plus to Chris Campany, Windham Regional Commission Executive Director and the State Housing and Community Development Dept.
4. Angela Sanborn reported that the Windham Regional Commission offered to assist the Planning Commission in researching flood resiliency so we can submit an application for a 2017 Municipal Planning Grant (MPG) focusing on flood resiliency.
IV. New Business:
1. Members of the community who spoke at the Walk the Villages meeting about a fourth (4th) village in Newfane, Brookside Village, will be invited to attend the Nov 8, 2016 meeting to share their knowledge.
2. Discussed the requirement and timeline to post and publish notice about public hearing on the Draft Amendment to the Town Plan supporting Village Center Designation. This must happen at least 15 days before the hearing on December 13, 2016, projected publication date November 22.
V. Adjournment at 7:10 PM by Lynn.
Town Office Planning Commission Binder
Town of Newfane web site: