TOWN OF NEWFANE
MARCH 18, 2019
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Marion Dowling, Christopher Williams, Michael Fitzpatrick, Angela Sanborn, Shelly Huber,
OTHERS PRESENT: Jay Wilson, Wannetta Powling, Kurt Mayland,
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Marion Dowling, Chair
ADDITIONS/AMENDMENTS TO THE AGENDA
Amendments to the minutes of the Organizational meeting March 7 2019.
OTHER BUSINESS: Greg Record asked as to why there were missing articles, listing the salary for the Treasure and the Town Clerk. As well as the hourly wages of the other officials in the town reports since 2015. Greg Record also mentioned that he had called Vermont Secretary of State, that the Selectboard has done nothing wrong because they had not given themselves a pay increase in 5 plus years. Greg Record mentioned other articles regarding donations over $2000. Needing town meeting approval or anything new that had not been previously approved.
March 7 2019 Organizational meeting: A motion was made by Shelly Huber and seconded by Mike Fitzpatrick to approve the minutes as amended The motion carried unanimously.
Road Foreman’s and Road Commissioner’s Report: See attached report.
A motion was made by Mike Fitzpatrick and seconded by Christopher Williams to accept the reports. The motion carried unanimously.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT’S REPORT see attached report.
A motion was made by Christopher Williams and seconded by Mike Fitzpatrick to accept the reports as amended The motion carried unanimously.
SCHEDULED MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC:
Kurt Mayland was here to discuss the Flea Market Property as a preferred site for a Solar Field.
Public announcement for the four committee vacancy’s in Newfane. Shelly Huber is going to contact the Brattleboro Reformer regarding a press release.
. A motion was made by Mike Fitzpatrick and seconded by Christopher Williams The motion carried unanimously.
Rules of Procedure
A motion was made by Marion Dowling to table these until April 1st Meeting. Christopher Williams seconded the motion . The motion carried unanimously.
There were no new correspondence.
A motion was made by Mike Fitzpatrick and seconded Christopher Williams to approve pay orders as follows:
• Accounts Payable Warrant No. 1920A in the amount of $90.00
• Accounts Payable Warrant No. 19019 in the amount of $162,658.83
• Accounts Payable Warrant No. 1918B n the amount of $3.11
• Accounts Payable Warrant No. 1918A in the amount of $590.47
• Accounts Payable Warrant No. 1918 in the amount of $50,308.99
• Payroll Warrant No. 11388 in the amount of $6,537.62
• Payroll Warrant No. 011386 in the amount of $7,892.85
• Payroll Warrant No. 11385 in the amount of $6,237.99
• Payroll Warrant No. 113838 in the amount of $5,158.99
• Accounts Payable Warrant No. 19020 in the amount of $30,787.18
• Payroll Warrant No. 11389 in the amount of $6,343.85
The motion carried unanimously.
Motion to adjourned was made by Angela Sanborn seconded by Mike Fitzpatrick
The meeting adjourned at.7:16
ROAD FOREMAN’S AND ROAD COMMISSIONER’S REPORT
March 18, 2019
1. The new truck has been delivered and is in use.
2. Mud season is upon us and we have been working since Friday steady trying to keep roads somewhat passable. We had two very easy mud seasons and this one is more like the mud seasons we used to have.
3. We will be having the initial meeting with Marble Valley Engineering next week at the box culvert on Depot Rd.
4. The Kenny Pond Dam project update. I have contacted Ron Bell Engineering to get an estimate on the amount of material it will take to do the project as designed by the dam inspector.
5. I have the excavator bids ready to rebid if that’s what you want.
Jay Wilson Road Foreman
Christopher Williams Road Commissioner
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT’S REPORT
March 18, 2019
TOWN REPORTS: There has been some confusion’s with the amount of donations in Town Report – and we were able to go back and look at some of the line Items. Such as the Rescue which happens to be $49,916 on page 11. But then appears again on page 19 under PUBLIC SAFTY. Also the Windham Regional Commission $3,866.00 and that also appears on TOWN ASSESMENTS also on page 19. Our Treasurer has removed these 2 items from the SPECIAL APPROPRIATIONS. And put them in to the Assessment line Item. Thus lowering the overall amount of the $95,585.00 to a more Reasonable,& accurate amount of $41,803.00. This does not change the Budget amount – But just how the line items flow.
BANK ACCOUNTS: I have asked questions of Melissa the Treasurer of the type of accounts the Town has, and amounts of Interest earned on certain accounts. You have in front of you a report of the proposed changes we would like to suggest and the current amounts you are getting verses what we could be earring at another bank if we were to move a certain amount in to short term CD’s .
TRAINING: I will be going to the Grant Writing class on This Friday 9-4 in Bellows Falls. I will be leaving at noon on Thursday. But still be doing the 40 hours.
I have also had to register for the DER (Designated Employer Representative) April 24th that is a 3 hour training in PUTNEY for the Municipality’s that are required to do mandatory Drug – Alcohol Testing for CMV.
WEB SITE POSTING: I have a call in to Bahman Mahdavi about the website posting – I was shown how to post the agenda and the Minutes. And that does appear under the latest news on the right hand side of the screen. But I am not sure how it gets into Meetings & Minutes headings.