Town Office Building Committee Meeting Minutes – October 3, 2017




October 3, 2017

Members Present:      Doris Knechtel (Chair Person), Frank Suponski, Karen Astley (Recording Secretary)

Not Present:                Gary Delius (Select Board Member); Carol Hatcher (Select Board Member)

  1. CALL TO ORDER: Doris Knechtel opened the meeting at 5:05 p.m.




  1. ACCEPTANCE TO THE MINUTES: Frank Suponski made a motion to accept the minutes as written. Karen Astley seconded. Motion passed.


  1. COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC COMMENT: No public in attendance.


  1. UNFINISHED BUSINESS (Discussion/Action):


a).  Town Office Signage: Doris Knechtel and Frank Suponski both attended the Newfane Selectboard meeting on Monday, October 2, 2017.  Doris advised the Selectboard that the interior painting should commence late Fall early winter. Doris also advised the Selectboard the front door signage needed to be painted. Doris stated she let the Selectboard know they need to get prices to paint the sign and reinstall. Shannon Meckle under the direction of the Selectboard will get prices.


b).  HVAC Update: Astley Plumbing is working on estimate. No new information.


c.)  LOSS CONTROL ACTION PLAN:  The Plan was given to the Selectboard for the meeting.  Shannon Meckle will update the report. The Committee would feel more confident if Wade Masure could do another walk through just to be sure the work is actually complete and there is no new additions to the list.  Shannon Meckle stated she would contact Wade Masure to do this.


d.)  ADDITION:  Doris Knechtel asked the Selectboard if a new addition is still a vision for the future.  All were in consensus that they are interested in seeing a proposal for an addition to the Town Office.


  1. NEW BUSINESS (Discussion/Action):


a).  Town Office Land: Discussion ensued about the existing property and  whether or not WW Building is still interested in the property.  Committee members continue to lean towards a new office building.  Ideas were thrown out about other available properties in town that a new building would be suited for as an alternative.


The Committee was redirected to pursuing the addition as this is what the Selectboard tasked the Committee to do. The Committee agreed to move forward with updated costs for an addition. Frank Suponski will obtain a price for concrete slab. The Committee agreed to keep moving on the HVAC estimate and have it for the next meeting. Committee will obtain excavating, electrical, building/architectural estimates as well.  Time is of the essence if the Committee is going to present an addition to the voters.


Doris Knechtel handed out a sketch of the building and asked the Committee to design a concept that may work for all offices.


  1. OTHER BUSINESS (Discussion/Action):


a).  Date of next meeting is October 24, 2017, Tuesday at 5:00 p.m.


  1. Adjournment: Frank Suponski made a motion to adjourn at 6:22 p.m. Karen Astley seconded the motion. Motion passed.