pending approval at our next regularly scheduled meeting on December 8
COMMISSION MEMBERS PRESENT: Ken Estey, Jane Douglas, Kate Gehring, Max Vandervliet
OTHERS PRESENT: Walt Dadik (Development Review Board)
CALL TO ORDER
Ken called the meeting to order at 6:02 pm.
ADDITIONS/AMENDMENTS TO THE AGENDA
No additions or amendments to the agenda.
Ken presented the October 27 meeting minutes for review. Max moved to accept the minutes as presented. Ken seconded the motion. Motion passed 3-0 with one abstention
UNSCHEDULED MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
- Floodplain & River Corridor Zoning bylaw revision proposal update: We agreed to move the date of the public hearing to January 17, 2023. Ken will reach out to Merle Tessier (Zoning Administrator) to discuss the proposed bylaw. Ken will contact Alyssa Sabetto (Windham Regional Commission) to confirm that she will be able to attend the public hearing on January 17. Ken will inform the members of the Commission about her availability for that date.
- Bylaw Modernization Grant update: Ken will reach out to Sue Westa (Windham Regional Commission) for an update on its status.
- Tiny House Zoning bylaw revision: Jane reported she is waiting until the completion of the Floodplain and River Corridor bylaw approval process to take the next steps.
- Report-back from Town Meetings and/or Selectboard meetings: Jane reported that the Selectboard agreed to January 17, 2023 as a date for the Planning Commission public hearing on the floodplain and river corridor bylaw revision. By so doing, this enables all members of the Selectboard to attend the hearing as this date is also the date for a regularly scheduled Selectboard meeting. Jane reported that she submitted a letter requesting $15,000 to be drawn from Newfane’s ARPA share to support Newfane customer access to DVFiber. Jane also reported that the Town of Newfane is now open to receive requests for the use of ARPA funding.
- Fall 2022 Planning Commission priorities, sequencing, assignment of projects: No updates.
- Broadband update, Deerfield Valley Communications Union District: Jane reported that DVFiber has commenced construction in Stamford and Readsboro.
- Development Review Board (DRB) update: Walt reported that there are no active inquiries and applications at this time.
- Short-term rentals: The Planning Commission agreed to work on a “framework of action” to chart the next steps on the short-term rentals. It was noted that Dover has a registry for all rental property.
- Budget request for Fiscal Year 2024: No report.
- Next meeting: Ken proposed a motion that the Commission cancel the November 24 meeting as this is Thanksgiving Day. Jane seconded the motion. The motion passed 3-0. The next meeting will occur on the regularly scheduled 2nd Tuesday of December: December 8.
- Agenda Building: Planning Commission reviewed the agenda for December 8.
Ken proposed a motion to adjourn at 6:55 pm, Jane seconded. Motion passed by unanimous voice vote.