Please Note: Newfane will now require Zoom participants to remain muted. If they wish to be recognized, they will need to raise their hand, and the Chair will recognize them before being un-muted.
(copy and paste the link into your web browser)
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER
- CONFIRM PROPERLY WARNED
- ADDITIONS/AMENDMENTS TO THE AGENDA
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES November 21, 2022, Selectboard Minutes
November 28, 2022, Budget Minutes
- ROAD FOREMAN’S & ROAD COMMISSIONER’S REPORT
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT’S REPORT
- COMMITTEE REPORT
- SCHEDULED MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC (5-7minutes per speaker) Social Appropriation Requests
- Karen Peterson, Outgoing Executive Director – Aids Project of Southern Vermont
- Joan Weir – Williamsville School Preservation Society
- Amber Thibodeau -Southern Vermont Therapeutic Riding Center
- Bobbe Ragouzeos- Moore Free Library
- Dan Dewalt- Restorative Community Practice of Southern Vermont
- Christine Howe- The Moover
- Steven Meyer – Leland & Gray Education Foundation
- Kevin Brennan – Southeastern Vermont Community Action
- UNSCHEDULED MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
- OLD BUSINESS (10 Minutes per topic)
- Town Office renovations: a review of proposals (Powling)
- Moving the monument located on Jail Street further back to protect it from snowplows (Sanborn).
- ARPA Updates: a review of documentation for town website – see https://newfanevt.com/arpa-information-and-funding-status/; review of two funding requests: DV Fiber and Emergency Generators (Golob)
- Cannabis Updates: (Johnson-Aplin)
- Flood Hazard By-law Update
- Traffic Calming, including finalizing membership of the new committee (Sanborn)
- Town Beautification suggestions (Chevalier)
- Items raised at Budget Meetings to be reviewed
- Review with the Williamsville Hall Committee rental fees for residents and non-residents; are the rental fees sufficient to cover the costs of cleaning the hall?
- Does the Selectboard want to consider how to spend the $500 in the budget for board compensation?
- Evaluate whether we should put oil purchases for heating out to bid to lock in a lower price.
- Discuss ideas for a 250-year celebration of Newfane’s founding.
- Route 30 construction planned for summer 2023 and impact on parking for swimming holes. (Sanborn; Wilson)
- NEW BUSINESS
Potential Tax Sales
Review of procedures to calculate and approve annual tax rate (Golob)
- PAY ORDERS