(copy and paste the link into your web browser)
https//zoom. Us/join Meeting ID: 972 2791 1757 Passcode: 352680
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT:
Angela Litchfield, Ann Golob, Jeffrey Chevalier, Katy Johnson-Aplin and Mike Fitzpatrick.
Melissa Brown (Treasurer) and Wannetta Powling (Administrative Assistant).
CALL TO ORDER and MEETING WARNING:
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Chair Angela Litchfield.
Litchfield asked if the meeting was properly warned.
ADDITIONS/ AMENDMENTS TO AGENDA:
The Selectboard was given additional time to review the two emails Golob forwarded, and it was agreed to vote on the FEMA conditions and have the Chair sign the letter.
Golob made a motion to accept the conditions from the FEMA letter. Chevalier seconded.
Motion passed 4/0/1 Fitzpatrick abstained.
- Town Report Design. The ideas discussed at the meeting were reviewed, and it was decided to select images that would show appreciation for the committee members and volunteers who help with the functions of the Town.
- Dedication. Several suggestions were raised and discussed. It was agreed that we would wait to make a final decision at the next budget meeting on November 13th.
- Treasurer Melissa Brown provided revenue figures.
- It was agreed that the review of the Rescue contract would determine the amount needed to budget for the Rescue. Fitzpatrick commented that the NewBrook Fire Department should be given equal consideration.
- Law Enforcement
It was agreed to hold off a review of law enforcement funding until members attended the regional policing presentation and discussion in Brattleboro on November 15th. Mixed feelings were expressed over the patrols currently provided by the Windham County Sheriff’s Department (WCSD).
- Powling will contact VTSP (Vermont State Police Lieutenant Anthony French) to confirm whether they would be interested in the 2025 fiscal year law enforcement contract.
- Johnson-Aplin will contact Putney Town Manager Karen Astley for information on the full-time coverage they receive from WCSD. Jamaica and Londonderry receive shared coverage; Johnson-Aplin will attempt to get information on how the town and its residents manage and assess this coverage.
- Several items were put on hold until Powling received funding requests from the Planning Commission, Town Clerk, Treasurer, and other commissions. Powling was asked to provide the Selectboard with a wage comparison from other towns.
- Other needed information from VLCT on the insurance policy for capital assets, unemployment insurance, and worker’s compensation rates. Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance for the employees and the contract for the professional audit expenses.
Items tabled for future budget meetings.
- Capital Budget
- Open Items
- Articles including Social Appropriation Donations
Chevalier made a motion to adjourn. The meeting was adjourned at 7:37 P.M.